Monday, March 23, 2009

Gabrielle's World

This blog will be about Gab's. So lately Gab's has been in love with farm animals and specifically cows. Well, we went to Chick-Fil-A for dinner and unbeknowest to us there was a fundraiser that night for the local junior high. That meant that TONS of people showed up. So we got our dinner and sat down close to the playland so that I could watch the kids while I ate. Suddenly the Chick-Fil-A cow came out. Gab's was in love. She was waving and smiling. I asked her if she wanted to go see the cow and of course she said yes. I took her over and she hugged the cow and smiled but was too star-struck to actually talk to him. We went back to our table and Gab's went into the play area to burn some energy (hopefully). Our table was outside the playland but upagainst the huge glass wall that looks into it. Chick-Fil-A is frickin' brilliant and must have sound proofed the playland because you can't hear anyone whose in there. But Gab's is in there and see's the cow still and stands on the bench where you are suppose to sit and take your shoes off and is waving and smiling and yelling "Hi cow!" but of course no one can hear her. As we left she was sure to hug the cow goodbye and tell him, "Bye mister cow!".

A couple of days later I took Gabrielle shopping with me as I picked out presents for Laila to give Joanna at her shower the next weekend. I ask Gab's if she wanted to pick out a present for Laila too and she said yes. I stressed to her over and over that this is for Laila and not for her. She said yes she understood. So we went to the toys and what did she pick out but two cows. A mom and baby. Once again I reminded her that they were for Laila and not her and after much debate she concided and settled for a box of animal crackers for herself. Then later that evening Joanna came over and I decide to let Gab's give Joanna her present for Laila. I said, "Do you want to give your present for Laila to Aunt Jo?" And she looked at Joanna and said, "Yes, it's 2 cows." So glad I picked out a gift bag especially for it. She's so funny.




Today, I got out a tent she received for christmas last year and set it up in our empty living room. She was so excited and thought that it was new and kept saying, "It's for me?? Thank you!" I can't wait to see her and Laila playing in it together. They will have such a blast. And this ends my ramblings for today.

1 comment:

  1. Too cute!!! It is Gabrielle's world, we just live in it!!! I love my niece!!

    ReplyDelete