Thursday, April 30, 2009

Easter

Okay, I haven't been keeping up with this like I'd hoped so I'm ging to update it now. First, Easter. The kids had a great time dying eggs and being creative. This was the first time Gabrielle had dyed eggs and she enjoyed it. She did the 'drop' method of dying making me glad that we used her little table to work at instead of the kitchen table that I love. Nick put a lot of thought into his eggs and had a great time working on them. Here are some pics. Gabs thought that the dye was stinky as you can tell by her face here.

Here are their baskets. Nick had star wars action figures and cards that go with a book series that he's into plus the obligitory candy. Gabrielle's was a farm themed basket since she loves farms right now, especially cows. She had a bucket of farm animals a cow cup, a cow bowl and a chick plastic egg and a sheep plastic egg.


This is Nick and Gabrielle in the process of hunting eggs. Nick being the great big brother he is would find them and point them out to Gabs. Everytime Gabs found one she would hold it up triumphantly and say "Egg!".

This is Gabrielle in her Easter dress. She was ticked at me because I put her hair in the dreaded ponytail. She hates having her hair done. But I forced in on her this day but she was determined to be mad about it. I've learned Gabs will be in whatever mood she wants and there is nothing you can do about it so I might as well take a picture no matter if she is smiling or not.
They had an Easter egg "pick-up" at church. You can't really call it a hunt since the eggs are just lying EVERYWHERE on the gym floor as thick as carpeting. You can't even walk in there. I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of it but Nick and Gabrielle had a good time picking them up.
After church Joanna and Scott came over for lunch. We had ribs, chicken, sliced potatos, fresh pineapple, hawaiian rolls and easter cookies for dessert. We all had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment