Monday, November 30, 2009

Things to share

I can't believe it took me another month before I updated the blog. Life has been eventful. Here are just a few things I want to share to give you an idea of what our life is like.



Nick had a Veterans day parade at school. They have one every year and since Nick is in 5th grade this will be his last year in elementary school and to do the parade. *sigh* Where does time go. It seems like yesterday that he went to kindergarten. Here is a picture of that.





Then of course there is Thanksgiving. We celebrated with Scott, Joanna, Laila, and Dennis at their home. Scott made the turkey and other necessities and I brought a few things. The turkey was delicious and it was fun celebrating Laila's first Thanksgiving with her. Here's the spread! My mouth is watering all over again.




Before dinner, Joanna took our picture. I figured we should do it before we plowed our way through the food. I have to say, we clean up pretty well. Guy has been growing a beard just to see what it's like. He even named it, I think it's Frank. I could live with or without it, but I think it's going away soon cause Guy says it's starting to itch.


Gab's loves to do crafts but mommy doesn't always have the patience for the mess. But every now and then we break out the stuff and make something. So this last month she painted some egg carton thingys and made a lady bug and bird. I tried to restrain myself from helping so that these could truly be her creations. Why is it so hard not to take over when they miss a spot painting, glue an eye on funny or put all the spots on one side? Anybody else have this problem? I sat on my hands and bit my tongue and these are truly Gab's. Be nice. Don't make fun.







Next I think I'll share a story that doesn't need a picture. Gab's likes to make up stories. She's creative just like her big brother. In fact Guy and I were sitting on the couch when Guy started marveling at her creativity. So that night as I was putting Gab's to bed she began telling me a story. She told me about her friend who is a bug named Seelee. Lately she has named everything Seelee. We now have a fire bellied toad named Seelee. But I digress. From here I will quote Gab's as best as I remember. "Seelee has big purple wings and can fly high. She's very beautiful and nice and loves everybody." Then Gab's looks at me (she's sitting in my lap) smiles and says,"and she has poop in her butt." *sigh* That is definitely my child. I tried hard not to laugh but gave her a disapproving look, (she knew why) but inside I was laughing very hard and trying to remember to share her "creativity" with her father after I put her to bed.

Last thing I can think of is our new additions to the house. The afore mentioned fire bellied toads. Guy was laying on the bed asking me if his friend could let these frogs loose in a near by creek. I knew most likely that any aquarium pet would not last long in the wild. So I said no and asked him why. Guy proceeds to tell me that his friend inherited these frogs when his girlfriend moved out and doesn't know what to do with them. I used to have little african dwarf frogs and knew that they were easy to care for and kind of cool. Thinking this I suggest we take them cause I think the kids will get a kick out of them. Guy calls his friend and sets it up.





So the next day while I'm at the library his friend drops them off. Turns out they were not frogs but toads, there are 3 of them and they only eat live crickets. *sigh* We look up online how to care for them and learn that they can live 15 years. *sigh* Also they are mildly posionous. We should be fine as long as we don't eat one or lick them excessively. Well we set up their tank and $45 dollars later they seem just as happy as they were before. We have fed them and we all get some kind of sick kick out of watching them hop on the crickets and eat them in one bite. So I guess it worked out. Now here is our household tally:



1 tabby male cat -Zen

1fawn male pug-Gus

1 black male pug-Jack

1 black female pug-Cassie

3 fire bellied toads (sex unknown)-Seelee (named by Gab's), Blaze (named by Nick), and Mr Croakers (named by me, quit laughing, I think the name is cute)

Here is the original tank with the toads.

Here it is $45 dollars later. Better?

Do they look happier? (just say yes, that's all I want to hear)


We will not be getting any more pets....I hope...

Oops almost forgot. I've gotten a part time job at Home Depot as a cashier and have been working for a couple of weeks now. We can certainly use the extra money and I enjoy getting out of the house and talking to adults. Guy has been helping out at home a little. He says he's easing in to it. :) But he really is helping. Plus the kids are enjoying the time they get with their dad. Guy likes his time with them too.


And there you have it in a nut shell. The last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment